Horse Gaits, Balance, and Movement: Revised Edition
The instant classic on horse movement is now completely revised and updated with color illustrations.
Horses are born to move—a foal can walk, trot and gallop within hours of birth. But not all horses move equally well, and the way a horse moves can have a real impact on how you ride. In this unique book, Susan Harris presents more than 300 eye-opening drawings that show you exactly how horses move. She illustrates movements common to all horses, pinpoints movement problems, reveals how a human in the saddle affects a horse's movement and helps you become a better, more accomplished rider.
- Get a close-up look at horse gaits and transitions.
- Observe the differences between good and poor movement.
- Find out how balance and conformation affect movement.
- View flexion, bending and lateral movements.
- See the impact of shoeing and riding on movement.
- Discover practical tips to improve your horse's movement