The Book of No: 365 Ways to Say it and Mean it―and Stop People-Pleasing Forever (Updated Edition)
An updated edition of the bestselling guide!
- Do you have problems saying "No?”
- Do people always turn to you for a favor?
- Wonder how you get roped into things you really don't want to do―with friends or family, at work or even with pushy salespeople?
Refusing someone is rarely easy. Often, it's downright uncomfortable. But constantly saying "yes" causes anxiety, anger, stress, regret, and feelings of powerlessness.
Social psychologist and author Dr. Susan Newman empowers you to break your debilitating yes habit with her simple techniques and insights. This new, enhanced edition is filled with research and timely scenarios that offer more ways to say “no” without feeling guilty or damaging your relationships.
You’ll discover how to:
- Recognize when someone is manipulating you into “yes"
- Be ready with the words you need to refuse
- Avoid being overcommitted, overworked and overwhelmed
- Put an end to feelings of resentment or frustration
- Make quality time for things you want to do
- Establish and keep your boundaries strong
Harness the power of “No” and take back your life.