37 Things to Know About Grammar
If just the word “grammar” makes you cringe, this is the book you’ve been waiting for. In 37 Things to Know About Grammar, Matteson Claus takes an irreverent look at common grammar gaffes and gives you the tools to slay your grammar gremlins.
- Puzzle out your verb tenses while you hang out with pirates.
- Parse your prepositions with camel-riding bank robbers.
- Conquer parallelism during a discussion of vampire viscera.
- Learn how to corral your commas while Petunia chomps a clerk.
- Avoid the dreaded sentence fragment and still have fun with Dick and Jane.
- And more!
Also included in this handy reference tool are lists of the most commonly misused and misspelled words. This is the book for people at work and leisure so spooked by the grammar gremlins that they’ve heard a bump in the night every time they put pen to paper. Until now.