Collaboration Handbook: Creating, Sustaining, and Enjoying the Journey
How to start, run, and maintain an effective collaboration
The Collaboration Handbook is your complete guide to putting together a collaboration that gets results! You’ll see how to get a collaboration going, define the results you’re after, determine everyone’s roles, create an action plan, and evaluate the results. Plus, you’ll find out:
- How to know if collaboration is the best way to accomplish your goals
- If your collaboration has the ingredients to succeed
- How to select the best structure for your collaboration
- How to manage the four stages of collaboration
- When it makes sense to test the waters with a pilot project
Because working together can be complex, this valuable guide gives you practical steps, tips, and worksheets to guide you all the way. You’ll find out what to expect and how to:
- Find and attract the right people
- Build trust among diverse groups
- Avoid common pitfalls
- Turn conflict into cooperation
- Create accountability standards
- Keep people involved, enthusiastic, and motivated
This practical handbook includes: a case study following one collaboration from start to finish; sixteen worksheets to help you solve problems, plan successful strategies, and track your progress; and special sidebars with helpful tips such as what to do at your first meeting and how mandated collaborations can succeed.
With the Collaboration Handbook, you’ll save valuable time and energy figuring out how to collaborate—and move ahead to creating a collaboration that works!
Also helpful: the research report, Collaboration: What Makes It Work, 3rd Edition, available from Fieldstone Alliance.