Jump With Joy: Positive Coaching for Horse and Rider
If you’re intimidated by jumping, get over it!
Jumping propels a half-ton horse over an obstacle in a smooth, gravity-defying trajectory. It takes a leap of faith by both you and your horse. Jump with Joy: Positive Coaching for Horse and Rider helps riders of every age safely learn to jump by presenting a natural approach for developing steady, confident riders and horses. Featuring step-by-step exercises, full explanations, and lots of photos and diagrams, this book covers everything from preparing a green horse for the first jump to riding a challenging course in a show ring. Inside you’ll find:
- Details on the mechanics of the jump and how to determine if a particular horse is suited for the job
- Progressive exercises to help you learn the basics and then master more complex skills
- Methods that improve balance and strength for both you and your horse
- Guidelines that cover every discipline and every breed of horse
- Information on the specialized demands of different competitive events
- A trouble-shooting guide to help you avoid or fix common problems
- Lessons that can be adapted for use by riders, coaches, and assistants
Whether you’re an eager novice or a more experienced rider, Jump with Joy will help you gain skills and confidence, develop a more rewarding partnership with your horse, and have a lot of fun in the process.