Living Beyond Multiple Sclerosis: A Women's Guide
Is There Life Beyond MS? Oh Yes…
They’re back! The Flutterbuds—the women whose frank, funny Internet chats became the basis for 1999’s award-winning Women Living with Multiple Sclerosis—return with a sequel that focuses on transcending the effects of MS. The new book shares the same engaging, conversational and readable tone as the first book, which won the American Journal of Nursing Book of the Year Award. In addition to providing more time, energy and sanity-saving techniques, this book talks about ways to live beyond the limitations the MonSter [MS] imposes. Topics include:
- updated information on the elusive diagnosis
- sustaining positive doctor/patient relationships
- the newest treatments for MS and how to maximize their benefits
- household accessibility, safety, and remodeling
- tips for choosing and correctly using assistive devices, including canes, wheelchairs, and scooters
- accessibility in the community (including ADA regulations and ways to encourage compliance)
- how to prepare effective applications for Social Security Disability and other insurance benefits
Living Beyond Multiple Sclerosis—A Women’s Guide contains valuable information for anyone with MS and their families and friends, caregivers and well-wishers. It also shows how a close-knit support group can help people with chronic illnesses, and how the Internet can be a blessing for those who may not have the energy or the mobility to find such a group in their neighborhood.
As with the first book, a major portion of the royalties from sales of this book will be donated to organizations providing services to MS patients.