Mammoth from the Inside: The Honest Guide to Mammoth & the Eastern Sierra
Make the Most of Mammoth & the Eastern Sierra
The popularity of Mammoth Lakes and environs―June Lake, Bishop and the rest of the Eastern Sierra―is booming more than ever. Mammoth From the Inside is the first and only comprehensive guidebook to these popular destinations. It is full of honest, trustworthy, often witty, in-the-know advice and reviews of the best places to stay, camp, eat, ski, snowboard, hike, fish, bike and play in this mountain paradise. You'll also get loads of great tips: where to rent and buy gear, how to find a babysitter, where to find a romantic cabin, how to avoid speeding tickets on the 395, where to get a good massage, how to prevent altitude sickness, where to find the best margarita and much, much more.
Just some of the essential information in Mammoth from the Inside:
- How to make the most of crowded holiday ski weekends
- The best condos, cabins and motels for all price ranges
- Memorable summertime hikes, from easy strolls to adventurous climbs
- The top ten sights in the Eastern Sierra
- The dos & don'ts of ski and snowboard school
- Mammoth's best restaurants, coffeehouses and happy hours
- Great places to sled, kayak, fish, snowshoe, bike, climb, hike, hunt for wildflowers...or doze by a lake
- The best secret runs on Mammoth and June mountains
- Good eats on Highway 395
"A crisp, clear and eminently readable book―I can't quibble with a word in it!"
―Andrea Mead Lawrence, Olympic skier and Eastern Sierra preservationist