Preventing Autism: What You Can Do to Protect Your Children Before and After Birth
Something is happening to our children, and Dr. Jay Gordon is determined to stop it. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one in eighty-eight children in the United States is being diagnosed with developmental disorders on the autism spectrum (ASD). The accelerating ASD epidemic parallels industry’s increased use of untested chemicals in manufacturing and our food supply. Preventing Autism identifies the toxic environmental triggers that can cause autism in susceptible children. Dr. Gordon presents a practical plan for safeguarding the neurological development of your children, from pre-pregnancy preparation through your baby’s first twenty-four months.
When you are pregnant, everything you experience—the air you breathe, what you eat and drink, the chemicals to which you are exposed, your emotions—is shared with your baby. Your child’s health depends on creating an optimal environment for growth before and after birth. Preventing Autism presents a comprehensive program that covers:
- The latest research on the causes of ASD and the relationship between genetic factors and toxins that trigger developmental delays.
- How to reduce toxic exposure from your food, home, clothing, and cleaning and personal care products.
- The male biological clock. Recent research shows that mutations in older sperm contribute significantly to the incidence of autism. The book includes advice on keeping sperm healthy.
- Planning a nursery that is a healthy nest.
- Dietary guidance for moms-to-be, babies, and nursing mothers.
- Dr. Gordon’s sensible approach to decisions about vaccinations.
Preventing Autism offers a plan for eliminating harmful chemicals from your everyday life that can disrupt the development of your baby. Dr. Gordon believes we can combat autism one family at a time.