The Sacred Art of Forgiveness: Forgiving Ourselves and Others through God's Grace
Tap into the power of the Divine. Learn how to forgive—and be forgiven.
Everyone knows that forgiveness is a virtue and a key to emotional, spiritual and even physical well-being. But learning how to actually forgive—or to accept forgiveness, as the case may be—is a sacred art few of us have mastered.
It doesn’t have to be that way. Writing from personal experience and her broad knowledge of many faith traditions, Marcia Ford offers a new perspective on forgiveness and reconciliation, an approach rooted in the Spirit that can be learned by anyone no matter how deep the hurt. Through real-life examples, penetrating reflections, scriptural references and practical suggestions, Ford outlines the steps that one by one can help you to forgive, including:
- Coming to terms with anger, bitterness and resentment
- Understanding the differences between forgiveness and reconciliation
- Taking the initiative, even when you’re the one who’s been wronged
- Strategies for listening “with the heart” in emotionally charged situations
- Knowing when to forgive and forget—and when to forgive and take action
- Ways of allowing the power of the Divine to work through you
- Finding compassion for others—and for yourself
- … and much more