Turning Yourself Around: Self-Help for Troubled Teens
Fears. Drugs. Anxiety. Violence. Drinking. Shame. Food. These are the issues. This is how you can help.
The problem may be alcohol or drugs. It may be food, or any uncontrollable pattern of behavior. Today more and more teenagers—and their parents—understand how important it is to turn their lives around. This book provides the answers for teens who are ready to help themselves. Drawing on the real-life stories of three teens, this book shows how to:
- overcome the first hurdle—admitting that the problem is too much to handle alone
- understand how to use the support of a Twelve-Step program
- recognize people and situation that trigger negative behavior, and learn to avoid them
- uncover the fear, anxiety, and shame that fuels any addiction
- turn a setback into one more positive step toward recovery